
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts
|
Sunday, September 16, 2007 Eventually we ended up in Borders...
M and I have managed to wing lunch together. Again. We are sitting in the room with one other guy who is watching the news on tv. I am resisting the urge to make him change the channel to the women's football World Cup. Eventually the news ends and said bloke starts channel flicking. I am watching the tv, waiting for him to get to the channel I want...4...3...2. I stand up, "what's the score in that?" Said bloke stands up too, "I don't know, the reception's not brilliant". We manage to see that it is 0-0 and bloke starts fiddling with reception until tv is in a watchable state. I sit back down. M looks at me, "I've never seen anyone get so excited about football." "It's women's football." "Women's football? They're playing football? Women have jobs?" I sense the sarcasm, look directly at him and announce with a smirk, "well you've got one." It earns me a jab in the hip. I watch five minutes of the football before it is half time. I turn to M, "you have my full attention now." He gets up and moves as if to walk out of the room. I look at the clock, "where are you going?" "To a magical kingdom." This is a pretty good way to get me to go somewhere with you. I stand up and follow him out. "Is it like Narnia? Ooh is James McAvoy there?" We are walking down the street. I continue asking if it is really magical, having dropped the James McAvoy aspect of it all, mainly because I have spent the last week trying to educate M on who James McAvoy is exactly and have failed miserably [yet he knows who James Franco is and also Peter Petrelli off of Heroes...]. M concedes, "it's not really a kingdom." "Ok. But is it really magical?"
Eventually we arrive at his "magical kingdom". It is closed. Labels: random
link | posted by Nic at 7:12 PM |
0 Comments:Want to Post a Comment? |