Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Saturday, September 22, 2007

    At least I can still pretend I'm a pirate...

    I am sitting in the car and Jo is sitting on my lap. About a minute earlier Jo had told me to open my legs which resulted in giggles from me [at least point I might add I had effectively downed three bottles of beer...] We are waiting. There is silence until...
    "Uh, Jo...?"
    "Yes."
    "Jo I dropped my ring...my pirate ring...I dropped it down the side of the seat."
    "What?"
    At this point the scenario is amusing me, but I am starting to realise that I kinda need to find it. My hand is down the side of the seat trying to feel for it whilst trying not to get my hand stuck, since that would be decidedly worse.
    "I was messing about with my ring and I dropped it."
    Jo gets out of the car. "Get out!" I reluctantly get out of the car, like a kid being told to go stand in the corner. Except I then lean back into the car trying once more to feel for it. I stick my leg in the air in an attempt to bend down lower. "Move out." I move.
    Jo then starts feeling around the seat. "What are you doing?" I ask from my new position outside the car. "Trying to find the leaver to pull the seat forward" "Ah."
    See, this is why I bring Jo places. She has clever ideas. Like actually moving the seat.
    "Jo, I'm sorry. I want my pirate ring. It makes me a pirate..." Honestly why anyone puts up with my immaturity is beyond me...
    "I need some light"
    Ah finally, I can be helpful. I pull my phone out of my pocket. "Here," I flip it open, "use this as a light." Jo takes my phone. Within ten seconds she shoves it back in my hand. "It's crap!"
    I decide to resume my place outside the car as the kid in the corner, not saying anything. Except maybe... "at least I'm entertaining..." "yes, you are." Jo's voice seems to say that she doesn't entirely agree with this statement.
    A minute later Jo's voice eminates from the car, "how much do you love me?" She gets out of the car and puts the ring in my outstretched hands. "Yay! Lots."
    I put it back on and get back in the car resolving not to touch the offending item again and instead to just sit quietly, just as he comes running back from the ticket machine.

    Labels:


    link | posted by Nic at 12:02 AM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela