Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Thursday, June 07, 2007

    I think it's starting to hit me now

    I have a transfer date for London of the 2nd July.

    Today N bought me a drumstick lolly, then told me she didn't buy them for everybody. Later J told me that if I needed help when I moved to London to just call. I informed her I would have done whether she offered or not. She promptly responded with the fact that they wouldn't have answered!
    There is a running joke that I can move into J's house and not move to London. She has a room with Winnie the Pooh and Eeyore wallpaper, a ball pool and a wendy house. At one point I also told N that I would go live with her instead of going to London.
    This afternoon I informed J and N that I would be back in a half hour to help them out and that I wanted a cup of tea waiting for me, I grinned. J and N looked at me with looks that said I was pushing my luck. I decided to change tactics and informed them that when I came back I'd make drinks. Later I went back and within five minutes J had made me a cup of tea.
    Yesterday I shoved my phone in N's face and told her to look at the picture of my pet dinosaur, her response was, "I worry about you." She seems to say this a lot, mainly when I am being immature.
    There have been so many changes in the last seven months, so many people moving about; I don't like it that this time I'm the one leaving. And also, just for the record, whatever J says, I'm not 'a traitor'... N doesn't reckon I will come back and visit. I will do, partly just to prove a point, but also mainly because, all joking aside, I am going to miss them a lot. I'm excited about London but there's a part of me that is sad to be leaving. Sad to leave the people that make me laugh, that make me smile when things are crap, who I want to try and cheer up when they have a bad day and the people who look out for me. And also, I quite like correcting their spelling...

    Moving about is great but I'm getting really tired of missing people.

    Labels:


    link | posted by Nic at 9:07 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela