
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts
|
Wednesday, May 16, 2007 'But it's nearly my birthday' doesn't seem to be a valid argument anymore
I wander into the back room. N waves a white envelope and tries to tell me someone just left it for me whilst simultaneously making it obvious that it is most certainly something to do with her. I take the envelope. "Is it a birthday card?" I ask excitedly. "It is a birthday card, yay! Can I open it now?" I look up to see the look on N's face. "When is your birthday?" she asks. "Erm. the 28th." I reply meekly. "Then you can't open it until then. Go put it in your bag!" "But..." I trail off, struggling to come up with a good reason of why I should open it now, the whole 'but I gave you kryptonite'* argument seeming an unlikely option; the look on N's face seems to say 'don't argue'. I turn to J. Before I can even say anything, her answer comes back, "go and put it in your bag! My daughter is turning ten and she's not even as bad as you! Go and put it in your bag!" Reluctantly I go and put the item in my bag.
Upon returning home I decide to take out the offending item and give it to Kirst to look after. I am somehow scared that if I open it J & N might find out. *I made Dennis the Menace and Superman cakes since I maintain I shall eat all the cake on my actual birthday. Before the above conversation I had tried to persuade J to give me a piece of paper and I told her that the sprinkles on the top of the Superman cakes were actually kryptonite and since I gave her kryptonite, she should give me paper.
link | posted by Nic at 9:46 PM |
0 Comments:Want to Post a Comment? |