Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Wednesday, May 02, 2007

    I still don't understand why I amuse people so much

    "So there's a spider on the ceiling out there," I inform N. "R told me it's going to fall on my head and then crawl up my nose and reside in my brain." I shiver at the thought. "It's not as big as the one we had on the wall a few weeks ago though. Then R told me it was a black widow and poisonous." N looks at me, "what do you do when there's a spider at home?" "I get one of the boys to get rid of it," I reply, with a tone of someone who thinks this reply is perfectly fine and should probably be obvious. "And what if you're alone?" "I leave the room and freak out." N looks up from the paperwork, "you make me chuckle." I take this opportunity to walk off in an attempt to find someone who will actually understand the spider situation.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Shall I seal this?" I ask, walking off.
    "Yes my little chucklebuck [pause] who's birthday it is soon."
    I wander back and address the room. "It is indeed my birthday soon. On the 28th May. That's a bank holiday and it means you get the day off." I pause as an afterthought enters my head. "It also means that you have 26 days to get me a pet T Rex like the one in Night at the Museum."
    I am met with bemused looks. Do you think that means I'm not getting one?

    Labels:


    link | posted by Nic at 9:49 PM |


    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 6:12 PM~  

    I understand the spider situation completely. There was a huge one in my bathroom the other night. I stood looking at it from a safe distance for a while, shook a lot, nearly cried and then rang my mum. Quite what I expected her to do from 350 miles away I'm not too sure.

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela