Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Thursday, April 19, 2007

    We came joint second - I was quite impressed

    The mic is echoing all over the pub as the quiz master continues to read out the questions. "Ok next one, what is the outer wall of a castle called?" We all look at each other, thinking. "Well why does it have to be called anything?" Mike ventures, "how do you know they didn't just call it the wall." Except as much fun as it would have been to put this as an answer, we had already worked out the connection between the previous questions and instead opted for 'bailey'. I still reckon they probably just referred to it as 'the wall'.

    Whilst the pub quiz is going on, there is another competition where you purchase a raffle ticket and then guess the answer to the question and the closest answer wins a cash prize. We didn't enter this part so we sat back to listen. "Ok the question is 1 Canada Square, Canary Wharf is the highest building in the UK. But how high is it in metres? I have my answer to one decimal place so I suggest you do the same." Everyone had a minute to get their answers in, Mike and Tim guessed out loud and me and Kirst decided we had no idea, not even enough to guess.
    "Right so I've got the answers in. I'll read some out. Someone thinks the tallest building in Britain is 70,000 metres. That's one and a half Everests." All of us look at each other and laugh. I am safe in the knowledge that if Kirst and I had hazarded a guess it would have been more realistic than that and we wouldn't have wasted a pound like whoever wrote that answer. "At the other end of the scale," the quiz master continues, "someone thinks the tallest building in Britain is 7.65 metres high." Our guess would definitely have been more realistic than that.

    Labels: , ,


    link | posted by Nic at 8:16 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela