Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Monday, April 23, 2007

    I also managed to accidentally throw my phone in the bin, but I'd rather blog this...

    I wander over to M's desk. "Yo." This is my general greeting to everyone. "Yo," comes the response. M then starts singing along to the radio. "I like this song." It is Fast Car by Tracy Chapman. "Me too" I reply. "We like the same music. [pause] We should get married." "Yep, it's as good a criteria as any. Like I think I should marry Tom McFly because we have the same hoodie." I pause and watch how M takes this. Clearly he thinks this is a good idea. "I should marry Shakira." I inform him that this only works if you can find a connection. He continues, "can I marry Shakira?" "Yes. If you find the connection." Somehow I am sensing he hasn't quite grasped the concept. I continue, "I also want to marry Danny McFly but I've not found a connection yet. Oh and Tom McFly wears Converses." I add the later as an afterthought, just in case the hoodie thing wasn't enough. M looks at me, "Can I marry Shakira, Salma Hayek, Beyonce..." I cut in before he can name anyone else, "Yes if you find a connection!" I walk off, leaving him to think. Somehow I think it'll be a while before he understands the concept.

    Labels:


    link | posted by Nic at 6:17 PM |


    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 12:58 AM~  

    Hey! I think i should marry J-Lo, she can move her little finger.. and guess what... so can I!!!

    Finally decided to take your advice and started a blog (a-vacant-mind.blogspot.com) a few days ago. Its a great way to get all that bitterness out your system lol.. umm not that i have alot, but it helps. Its kinda rubbish at the mo, but hey, i'm still an amateur!

    Tariq

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela