Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Saturday, July 08, 2006

    At least I didn't have to work out how to use the red button to see Colin Murray

    The football is finished and I have flicked channels over to BBC Three where Colin and Edith are presenting coverage of T in the Park. The Feeling are playing Sewn and I am exclaiming at regular intervals that I love Dan.
    *Brrrph* My phone vibrates on the sofa. I don't know how to write the sound it made so you will have to imagine my phone receiving a text.
    "The Kooks are on channel 702"
    I pick up the digital tv remote that I have just about learned how to work, and by that I mean I know how to switch between channels, and flick to 702. The tv tells me that Ceebeebies is off air. I inform Gayle of this.
    "Lol can you press the red button?"
    I pick up the remote and wonder out loud to myself what will happen if I press the red button and whether it will break the tv. Tim walks in and offers to press it for me. Nah. I go and pick up the phone and ring Gayle.
    "Hello"
    "What happens if I press the red button?"
    "Well it should come up with other bands and then you can watch them."
    "Oh. But what if I break the tv? I don't actually know what the red button does. Now it says 'loading data'. What does that mean? What's it doing?"
    Then I get scared and cancel it. Five minutes later...
    "Orson are on now."
    "Argh. I want to watch Orson!"
    "Did you press the red button? What happened?"
    "I'll try again. But what if it breaks the tv? What will it do to the tv?"
    "Weird stuff happens. It'll probably blow up. Bang!"
    "And then I'll only have two of the three things..."
    "Yes. Well then you can go play with your dishwasher."


    link | posted by Nic at 10:29 PM |


    3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 7:54 AM~  

    honey, take heed of the great Claudia Winkleman "press the red button - weird stuff happens!" and you have a dishwasher?! wtf? will I have to mock you as relentlessly as I do Val now?

    Cx

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 10:03 AM~  

    Lol, I'm sounding ever more bitter about your dishwasher aren't I?! Anyway, gotta go, gotta get to the launderette. Some of us don't have washing machines either. *sobs*

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 6:51 PM~  

    You should try again Nik, it won't blow up, honest!

    And I do love my dishwasher :-)

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela