Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Thursday, July 06, 2006

    "Through verdurous glooms and winding mossy ways"

    Today I left work, changed into my flip flops and started walking home. A couple of minutes later, it started drizzling. I wasn't too bothered, it had done that when I'd left the house this morning and I had been watching the sky all day and it had looked all nice and sunny before I left. Except then it began raining a bit harder. And then it started positively pouring. The kind of pouring rain that has you looking like you've just jumped in the lake after less than a minute. And I know what it looks like when you jump in a lake, I spent all last summer doing it. So I wandered along pondering the merits of wearing flips flops in the rain [no wet shoes] whilst blasting out Radio 1 through my headphones and smirking at the thought of walking in the pouring rain. And then I heard thunder which wasn't funny because while I'm all for walking through the pouring rain, I hate thunder storms, usually I hide under my duvet but it's a bit impossible to do that when you are outside walking under the trees. Then I discovered that whilst it may be fun to wear flip flops in the rain, since you can walk through puddles and not worry about wet shoes, after a while they start squelching, and that's not fun. Eventually after slipping out of my flip flops a couple of times and nearly losing one in Selly Oak, I got home and before jumping in the shower tipped the contents of my bag onto the bed to dry. Shit. My face fell as my book came tumbling out onto the bed. I had forgotten it was in there and suddening walking through the rain wasn't that funny. Everyone knows what happens to books when you get them wet - I have dropped a few library books in the bath in my time. So now my F.Scott Fitzgerald book is effectively ruined. I was half way through reading it and I will probably have to buy a new one because I am anal and can't live with a book in that state. To say I was not impressed was an understatement. Now I am confused because I don't know what to read tomorrow lunchtime.


    link | posted by Nic at 9:21 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela