
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts
|
Friday, June 23, 2006 Application for Michellin Stars
Name: Cat Towers (***)
Notes: When I arrived in Boro, Cat was waiting for me at the station, so obviously I led the drunken man who had been talking/singing football songs/trying to convince me England were going to win the World Cup since Darlington, right to her and let her deal with him trying to tell her to take me for a drink. We wandered back to Cat's via Sainsburys and the nice man in there who packed all the frozen stuff together and while Cat cooked dinner, I watched the football. Bonus points to Cat for switching the tv onto the match before I asked. I also finally got to see Cat's garden, with everything growing and the numerous blue slug pellets. ![]() ![]() So we got to eat the lettuce from Cat's garden and admire the hanging basket that was still in the back and hadn't got nicked yet and laugh that someone was pressure washing and had clearly copied Cat, who had done it a few weeks back. At half time in the football, Cat gudgingly gave me my birthday present. I say grudgingly because you know those little 21 and happy birthday things that get everywhere? Well Cat had put them in with the presents and was going to bring it down to London but she didn't, and she knows me well enough to know it is not a good idea to have me anywhere near them in her house. So needless to say I opened them and sprinkled the 21's and happy birthday's all over the floor. And then got really excited about the presents, one of which was a penguin shaped ice tray. I don't like ice so I started asking Cat what else we could freeze and the result was this... ![]() Frozen strawberries! And one of them had a bit of ice cream in because I wanted to see what would happen. The answer is nothing much. Plus Cat got to cut up fruit, which apparently she finds relaxing, so really I'm a brilliant houseguest... After the dramatic football match, I decided to go use Cat's bathroom and yelled twice - once for every spider I found. Now whenever I go to Cat's, I always tell her to get rid of the spiders, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and sometimes Cat maintains they only come out of the woodwork for me. Either way Cat had to get rid of them whilst I retreated further and further into the kitchen each time they moved. And then a few minutes later I found another one, but it was in the corner and not moving so I left it. In the morning, I got up to find Cat watering her garden and putting more slug pellets down. Breakfast meant Cat got to cut up more fruit and call me a weirdo for wanting the croissants done in the microwave. I politely informed her that I'd already had this argument with Lucy and Ben had agreed with me so therefore, ergo, Nik wins. Thank you. I also got rather excited that the 21's and happy birthday's had indeed spread round Cat's house - to the bathroom, the kitchen and upstairs to the bedrooms, all via getting stuck to Cat's feet. Result. Except Cat says she's going to vacuum them up and not leave them til I visit next. And I didn't even get to sign the guestbook. Your application is under review. Thank you for letting me leave your house in a glittery state of madness. Thank you for my presents and for freezing strawberries. Thank you for giving me batteries to put in the whisk so I could discover it would be great in a water fight. Thank you for folding the towel the Anthea Turner way and not killing me when I forgot and threw it across the bed. Sorry for nearly making the ceiling come through whilst pretending to be a helicopter with a guitar. And thank you for ensuring I could always see PYFB @ Boro Music Live.
link | posted by Nic at 7:49 AM |
1 Comments:
Want to Post a Comment? |