Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Tuesday, April 04, 2006

    Is it a coincidence that dissertation and distraction start with the same letter?

    Things that have distracted me from my dissertation today:
    • This blog by Jo Whiley's NYC correspondent and in particular this entry about iPod's. I love mine. I couldn't live without it.
    • This morning on Radio 1 Breakfast, Scott revealed that Shep was not single and really shouldn't be in the One Night With Laura competition though he is giving him the benefit of the doubt. Jo Whiley said Shep was a "lying cheating scumbag" and it has been as issue of debate all day on Radio 1. Finally Colin Murray did this in an attempt to get Shep kicked off and James brought back after he was kicked out on Monday. I don't want to sign his petition but I do think Shep should be kicked out and Laura clearly likes James since Scott revealed she went for a couple of drinks with him after he was kicked out. Doesn't make a difference because I want Gareth to win.
    • The Radio 1 messageboard in general.
    • The forum on Unofficial Mills
    • Jen sending me pictures of JK over msn.
    • Downloading the rest of Under The Cork Tree by Fall Out Boy.
    • Investigating a couple of songs JK and Joel mentioned on air last week, then getting Jen to find them for me.
    • Blogging.
    • MySpace


    link | posted by Nic at 3:07 PM |


    1 Comments:

    Blogger Jen commented at 7:30 PM~  

    The pictures were a pleasure - Of course and the audio was a great bit of fun ;-)

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela