Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Tuesday, March 28, 2006

    By Popular Demand

    Team Tiverton's Experiment

    Results:

    Ok, so the experiment was a little skewed. Not only was the book left much longer than "a couple of days", closer to two weeks in fact, due to the fact that Kirst, Lucy and I could never find a time when all three of us were in and if we were, well we forgot.
    Eventually, under the pressure that if it wasn't removed the book would remain in the freezer for the whole of Easter vacation, we took it out.
    Other factors that messed up the experiment were the fact that we placed the book in Tariq's drawer in the freezer and I have no idea how many times he opened it and he even put his stuff on top of it, so next time we'll have to find an empty drawer that's going to stay empty and shut. There must have been at least some water in the pages because you could feel the book was clearly frozen in between the pages and was slightly frozen on the cover. Unfortunately, I then had to run and get my camera, thus giving the little ice there was a minute to melt.






    Conclusion:

    I'm not really sure of the conclusion. The main reason I wanted to conduct this experiment was to see if a book scared me or made me cry, whether there was any mileage in placing it in the freezer. So the conclusion to this strand of the experiment is clearly not, unless you hate the book, because it makes the pages go wavy. I'm not sure either, if the book would have frozen more if the freezer drawer had stayed shut. Maybe next time we'll have to do it under proper conditions.


    link | posted by Nic at 11:36 AM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela