
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts
|
Saturday, April 01, 2006 Imagine separate lumps of colour that all merge like plasticine "Please won't you release me from the mediocracy, give me something that excites me, give me passion, give me energy." Yesterday I discovered Ainslie Henderson's Myspace, I was possibly as excited as Jen was this morning. The first series of Fame Academy kinda passed me by, well at least it did when it was on the tv, then I suddenly became hooked on it and all the artists after it finished despite my best friend at the time telling me constantly that it was my kind of show - I hate to say it, but she was right. I went to the Fame Academy tour at Wembley and I listened to Ainslie's music constantly. I didn't want to go to my Sixth Form Leavers Ball because by then I'd drifted apart from all my mates and then I discovered Ainslie was doing a webchat that day so when all my mates were at the Hilton, I was sat in front of my computer, and I didn't care*. Then the second series of Fame Academy happened and, well you all know what happened with that... Meanwhile Ainslie split from his band and I stopped going on the messageboard, whilst still keeping in contact with people I'd met on there; it all kind of faded out in favour of other things and other new bands and artists, namely that Griffin bloke if I'm honest. Except then I found his Myspace and it was weird, in a good way. It was like a trigger to nostalgia. I've completely drifted apart from my best friend who I went to the Wembley gig with but I am still in contact with some people from the messageboard; I went to Soccer Six with Megz last summer. It half reminds me of the first year of uni because in between the Griffin stuff, I did still find time to listen to Ainslie, at least at the start but it reminds me of all the time before that. After finding his MySpace, and discovering that his blogs prove he is just as funny as he was during Fame Academy and that he personally thanks everyone for adding him, I went and found all his old stuff with his old band and am now sat here listening to it. I still love it, about two years of not listening to it and I still remember the lyrics, I remember that I loved the lyrics and the general overall indie sound of it. It's completely different to his new stuff but I am very excited at the prospect of an album, especially if he's happy with the direction he's going in and doing it his way. *Probably because I am a geek and I freely admit it...
link | posted by Nic at 8:27 PM |
1 Comments:
Want to Post a Comment? |