Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Wednesday, January 18, 2006

    Sunday is not a Day for a Party

    "At one and the same time, therefore, society is everything and society is nothing. Society is the most powerful concoction in the world and society has no existence whatsoever."
    -
    Virginia Woolf, Orlando.

    After five hours of bus replacements services and trains on Sunday afternoon, I eventually got back from Reading to Birmingham. Now to borrow Lucy's phrase, the fireworks party that was occuring in my house that evening continued to pass me by, as it did Lucy, so that when I finally arrived home at ten past six to Kirst hoovering the lounge and Lucy and Ali in the kitchen preparing food, I was in a bit of a daze. A daze that seemed to say, if the party's in my own house, do I still have to go? A daze that meant I stood still whilst everything seemed to happen around me; I didn't even know when anyone was arriving.
    Having spent the entire week on 'Flash and Lemmy's Tour of England', I hadn't had a chance to unpack, let alone settle into being back in Birmingham. I had gone a week with only seeing Gill for ten minutes and not seeing Rach at all and a week of seeing my housemates less than I would have liked. The last thing I wanted, if I'm being honest, was to have to attend a party of which half of the people attending I knew but not well enough to talk to, a quarter I didn't know and a quarter I probably would have talked to if I hadn't been in a daze. It was just over twenty four hours since I'd left Lemmy and I can't be expected to function that soon after losing someone who I've spent the last week with constantly* and am not entirely sure when I will see next. I wanted to curl up in front of the tv and watch a movie with Lucy, I wanted to hide under my duvet with a cup of tea and Orlando, I didn't want to go and have to think enough to function in a conversation. I wanted society around me to cease to exist temporarily, I wished it was nothing for just that evening and no one was downstairs drinking the ton of alcohol we seem to have acquired in our kitchen or eating all the nibbles set out or talking about everything and nothing in particular. I wanted to relax and actually attempt to settle back into term, however, there is only so long one can hide in their room so I had to attend the party, still not entirely sure what was going on or who half the people in my house were.


    *Lemmy, you can't leave me!


    link | posted by Nic at 12:42 AM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela