Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Wednesday, December 28, 2005

    "My mind is troubled, like a fountain stirred; And I myself see not the bottom of it." - Troilus & Cressida

    One may be forgiven for thinking that my lack of update is due to working hard on an essay, well it kinda is. My new approach to work is to break it up by watching episodes of Friends in between. Yep, you guessed it, I now have a scart lead so my dvd player is working. Naturally this means that it has been added to my list of distractions which so far include, MSN [mainly to Gill] and re-reading The Chronicles of Narnia. Any other distractions you can think of - answers on a postcard. So I've been at home so long I've forgotten when I actually came home, but yet it's taken me til now to actually really want to be back in Birmingham. Usually it takes about a week before my dad and I are locked in an argument which ends in him telling me it's better when I'm not at home and me retorting that I don't want to be at home anyway. Surprisingly, we've not had that argument yet, which is not to say it won't come, just not yet. I always prefer being up in Birmingham, I mean pretty much my whole life is up there but this holidays I think things are a bit different. I think we all needed a break from all the...crap, basically that was happening in the lead up to Christmas and hopefully the break from it all, and possibly each other will do us good. Yet a part from me realises that it will not go back to the way it was, even to the way it was earlier in the term, and if I'm honest I don't want it to go back to that. If I had to pinpoint where the good times were, it was last year; that doesn't mean that the change was due to the change of housemates, it just happened as these things do. That same part of me that isn't sure about being back in Birmingham because of the housing situation, which was pretty much sorted out after I left, isn't sure about being back in Birmingham because of the other situation that I managed to get myself into. I guess I can't do much about that situation and will just have to wait and see. I've realised that my plan of not feeling and just ignoring it won't work so I guess it's just comes down to seeing what will happen and hoping that I'm over it by then. If not, well I see lots of Ben and Jerry's ice cream on the cards - the Fossil Fuel one with dinosaur shapes in.


    link | posted by Nic at 2:26 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela