Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Saturday, March 03, 2007

    "The Fratellis are a myth"


    On Wednesday Corinne and I went to see the Fratellis, thus continuing my one woman mission since Corinne's never seen them live. We arrived there just as the support band took to the stage. They were Scottish, neglected to introduce themselves and about fifteen minutes later me and Corinne realised they had a huge banner behind them saying 'Figure 5' so we are assuming that's what they were called. They were pretty good though.
    Somewhere in the middle of their set we decided to put our coats in the cloakroom, later when we were in the cloakroom queue at the end we realised it was the worst idea we'd ever had*.
    Corinne and I predicted times for the support and when the Fratellis would appear on stage. We were right and the Fratellis took to the stage in a blur of fun lighting. I soon realised that at the back we were with the people who just wanted to stand there and not move, dance or show that they were enjoying themselves at all. But we ignored them and jumped around anyway.
    The place was rammed and it was really good to see them in the Academy with the whole place singing along. Last time I saw them was the Barfly where I was squished at the front, and before that at an instore gig so to see them sell out the Academy was pretty cool - though I'm sure that Brit Award had something to do with it**.
    The Fratellis rocked. Lots. They were just as good as I remember them being, if not better.



    *Generally we only have good ideas so you can imagine exactly how bad this idea was.
    **And the fact that they actually turned up at the Brits to collect their award...

    Labels: , , ,


    link | posted by Nic at 5:11 PM |


    5 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 7:59 PM~  

    The gig was amazing!!!!!!!!!!
    And was worth standing in the queue since 3! Even if everyone else came 2 hours later...
    The crowd were annoying when figure 5 were on though! Come on they were good! And everyone was just standing there...Me and my mates were the only ones moving on front row and we got dirty looks...what's all that about YOU FARTS.
    And then the FRATELLIS came on and Oh My wasn't they amazing! Ok i have said that too much but yeah they were BRILLIANT EVERY SINGLE SONG WAS JUST GREAT AND TO TOP THE NIGHT OFF BARRY JUMPED OFF THE STAGE AND GAVE ME HIS PLECKTRUM!!!!!
    Atleast the crowd lightened up when the Fratellis came on! And not too many idiots throwing beer this time!!!!
    Every single song was Brilliant!!! And the new one!!
    And Everyone!
    GREAT GIG!
    G R E A T S T U F F ! ! !
    Mon thee Fratellis!!!

    Blogger Shaun commented at 8:25 PM~  

    I went on the Tuesday night. Had a brilliant night.

    You can see my review of it here: http://shaunio.blogspot.com/2007/03/27th-feb-2007-another-day-another-year.html

    Blogger Nic commented at 11:45 PM~  

    Yay, comments! :)

    Sam - the gig was truly awesome. Love seeing Fratellis live! And I did love the new song!
    I always hate it if people are at the front and show no enthusiasm for the support band/artist. It's just rude.

    Shaun - great review :) I forgot they did the Goldfrapp cover. So many bands/artists cover songs in Jo's Live Lounge and then take it on tour with them. Paolo Nutini did Rehab on his last tour, hehe. And yay, you wrote the set list. I always forget set lists. I loved the acoustic of 'For the Girl'. Oh and happy belated birthday :)

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 6:14 PM~  

    I think you'll find the huge banner that YOU neglected said FIGURE 5, not Figure 8 as you have amatuerishly quoted in your poor blog.

    Blogger Nic commented at 10:48 PM~  

    Brilliant, thanks for the correction. Have edited accordingly and also now found them on myspace under the proper name :)

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela