Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Friday, September 01, 2006

    "Craziness kills lazyness and happiness takes bad bets"

    Today I went to the gym. Again. I've been twice this week already and contrary to popular belief, it has nothing to do with Radio 1. Today I decided to go and do their class on Body Combat in an attempt to see if I remembered any of my karate. I did karate when I was younger and nearly got to black belt but I went for my test and passed two out of the three things and never went back to retake the last thing. But as I demonstrated to Ali before I left the house [to Ali, not on Ali], I still remember most of my kicks and stuff. So I went along.

    Bloody hell, it was tiring. And bits of it confused me because, well I can punch and kick using the techniques of martial arts, but I can't box to save my life. I never even watch boxing on tv unless it's the Olympics and we have a chance of a medal. So trying to make me do uppercuts with any kind of power is quite difficult. I swear that's why my arms are hurting now and obviously not the fact that I am unfit. And then I got confused when she said sidekick because to the best of my knowledge, there are two types of sidekick. Which one did she mean? So I settled into doing one of each safe in the knowledge that at least one might be right.

    And then she said something that confused me even more, "Kick slowly". I think she meant hold the kick a bit but I have never kicked anything or anyone slow in my life and I wasn't about to start then. If someone attacked you, you wouldn't kick slow, so I didn't. And then it got to the end of the class, all confusion was over and I went home safe in the knowledge that I can still beat the crap out of thin air.

    If you know where the lyrics in this blog title are from, then I heart you.


    link | posted by Nic at 9:14 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela