
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts |
Sunday, August 20, 2006 TOW The List
At the moment my life seems to revolve around music and books. Since I'm sure you don't want my current analysis on Capote's In Cold Blood, I shall continue searching Amazon for Capote books and instead blog about music.
My New Favourite Bands: Cat told me to listen to them one day. I forgot. Then Jo Whiley covered Steve Lamacq's show on Radio 1 and had them in the Live Lounge. They were amazing. I told Cat and she yelled at me for not listening to her and only listening to Jo Whiley. This is not true. I only kept the radio on to listen because Cat told me about them in the first place. Plus they wear polka dots. This automatically makes them cool. And their album is very very very good. So there you go, come and join mine and Cat's two woman Pipette mission to get everyone listening to them. Because they have some fantastic songs. And have you seen their dancing? Bloody genius! In particular I highly recommend watching the video to Here I Go Again. I would definitely go to the gym more if I could do that. And they have a blog, obviously, because all the cool people do, and some of their entries are highly amusing. They were at Fundee. Me and Corinne saw all of about two minutes of their set and had to drag ourselves away to go watch an act on Main Stage. I forget who. I would have liked to watch the whole of The View's set. They are from Dundee and have very strong Scottish accents; I seem to remember Edith had to interview them at One Big Weekend and even she couldn't understand them some of the time! But they do rock and indeed roll. I quite want to see them play live but unfortunatly they seem to be playing the Coventry Colosseum and I am currently refusing to return there.
link | posted by Nic at 12:07 PM |
0 Comments:Want to Post a Comment? |