Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Friday, August 25, 2006

    The One With the Technological Mishap

    Whenever Colin Murray is on tv, there is usually a barage of texts between me and Gayle along the lines of, "doesn't he look cute in a suit?" and "I love him in his glasses" and other equally shallow comments. If the BBC decide to throw him in the middle of a music festival and make him present coverage, well then there is usually a phone call involved. When Colin presented T in the Park with Edith, Gayle and I had one of our tv's on BBCi and the other on regular BBC Three just so we could watch the bands we like and also check we didn't miss Colin. This obviously resulted in random yells down the phone of, "I want to watch Orson!" and "Colin's back!" and it was also the day I learnt how the red button worked.

    Well my red button's stopped working. Of course it has, because this weekend is the Reading and Leeds Festival. And BBC are mainly based in Reading, which means that Edith and Zane Lowe are presenting coverage from there and cutting across to Colin in Leeds. I switched on the tv at the start of the coverage but was little expecting them to cut to Colin within a minute of their programme starting. I grabbed my phone and rang Gayle.
    "Hello"
    "Are you watching BBC Three? Switch to BBC Three! It's Reading and Leeds festival coverage. They've cut to Leeds!"
    I continued yelling down the phone until Colin had disappeared off the screen and Gayle hadn't even turned on her tv.
    "I don't think my red button is working anymore. It just says loading for ages..."
    "It says click select. I don't even have a select button! And then it says click back, I don't have a back button either..."
    "Well I have a back button, but that doesn't help you!"
    "I'm going to click the ok button and hope that's the same as a select button..."
    "My red button still says loading. I think it's broke."
    "Maybe it's the weather."
    "Maybe."
    "Ooh I've found the back button!"
    We're just lucky that with all that pissing about with red buttons we didn't miss Colin Murray...


    link | posted by Nic at 10:23 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela