
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts
|
Monday, July 17, 2006 Clearly they're all about the music too
Quote of the day goes to today's Metro. They have a review of PYFB's album...*
Teenage kicks come from fresh-faced, raw-voiced Scottish singer/songwriter Paolo Nutini's debut album These Streets. If your heartstrings twanged to his Last Request hit, then you'll savour this guitar-strumming selection for, while it's low on surprises, Nutini's honeyed, bluesy vocals are a convincing draw. Musically, it's youthful themes packaged for mature listeners, from the older love interest of Jenny Don't Be Hasty to Rewind's bittersweet recollections ('Remember at 16/What a crazy, drunken night we had,' croons the 19-year-old). Nutini possesses a natural X-factor, though Lily Allen would still kick his arse.At this point I would like to point out that a) it made me laugh b) Lily Allen is older than PYFB and c) as much as I rate Lily Allen, I would not let her kick PYFB's ass, or arse or any part of his anatomy. *This is the slightly edited version I stole from the internet because I'm too lazy to type it out.
link | posted by Nic at 7:15 PM |
1 Comments:
Want to Post a Comment? |