
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts
|
Friday, June 16, 2006 "The world is at your feet"
I now have a new favourite pub to watch the football in, so chosen due to it's close proximity to my house and the fact that it's normally not too busy. And also because our tv reception is shit so that if you actually want to watch a match, as oppose to listen to the commentary on Five Live, then you have to frequent the pub. Obviously this meant I wanted to go there to watch the England game, where it would no doubt be packed. Lucy came down with me, forgot her ID so I had to vouch for her and then brought the kids magazines, which I got her ages ago when she had glandular fever, for entertainment til kick off.
![]() As it turns out, we didn't need entertainment from magazines since it came in the form of drunken blokes and their football chants repetoire. The national anthem was a particular highlight since I don't think any one of them was in tune. I've never actually been to the pub for an England game, usually I watch it at home or someone else's house but it was amazing. The atmosphere was like you were at the game. My dad used to take my brother and I to England matches at Wembley Stadium when I was younger and I used to love walking up the stairs and that first time you walk out to the seating area and see the crowd and hear the cheering. I love it, I love the atmosphere and after being a bit aprehensive of drunk blokes for about a minute, I fully appreciated their chants, apart from the german one, which went on way too long. After laughing at the German bloke in the pub the day before as he got more and more stressed his team weren't scoring, well the whole pub was like that and me and Lucy weren't laughing. And at least the Germans got most of their shots on target. I already had a sore throat, but it was getting steadily worse as I was yelling louder and louder at each missed opportunity. When we finally scored the whole pub went mental, obviously; though I felt a bit sorry for the barmaid who had to try to deal with the raucous. And then when the second goal went in, more cheering, swinging from and standing on things in the hope it would hold their weight. As soon as the match finished, we made a quick getaway, and went up to Yasmin and Emily's house; via Sainsburys, where we saw our German! We spent the rest of the night eating all the junk food we bought and watching How to Steal A Million, which was good, and half of Churchill: The Hollywood Years, which was crap, whilst Emily did our hair.
link | posted by Nic at 7:03 AM |
0 Comments:Want to Post a Comment? |