
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts
|
Thursday, June 01, 2006 "You really got me now"
I have never watched X Factor. Ever. Which is pretty impressive, even for me because well it's reality tv. But to be fair, I haven't really watched reality tv much since Fame Academy because I generally lost interest with the knowledge that the voting public are usually absolutely crap. If you want evidence, I shall merely point you in the direction of our Eurovision entry this year and say that I was rooting for Finland and Greece.
Yet, I am watching X Factor. I am even saying, "I have to watch X Factor" much to the amusement of everyone around me who insists on telling me that I don't have to do anything. Well actually I do. I tried to not watch it today because I am taping it at home and because I feel really bad gatecrashing Kirst's room on a regular basis just to watch her tv. What actually happened was I collapsed on the sofa downstairs and watched Fantastic 4 with Lucy, all the while texting Corinne, Cat and Gayle in an attempt to find out what was happening and get someone to tell me when the voting lines opened. This lasted until Corinne told me that Chris Moyles sang second and gave a good performance but wasn't really funny. Corinne and I know enough about these reality tv to know that it's not all about vocals. The boy can sing, but he gets the comedy vote, it's the one thing he has over Matt who is similar to him. It's the reason the Chefs are still there and to tell me that Chris wasn't particularly funny that night is not a good idea. Within ten minutes after that Kirst had gone to the pub and I had practically run upstairs to switch on her tv, just in time to hear the Chefs' hilarious performance. And then I started feeling sick with nerves. This continued right until Kate Thornton said Chris's name to go through - the last name she read out. About bloody time, I was feeling more and more sick, and completely agreeing with Corinne's text wondering how long we could take it for. The thing is, I am realistic enough to know he's not going to win, he doesn't want to, I don't want him to, but I don't want him to go out, not least because it's fun to spot the Breakfast Show team and the rest of the Radio 1 dj's in the audience shots. It's a Catch 22 situation. Incidentally, completely off topic but don't read that book, it is not that good and highly confusing. If you want a reason to vote for Chris, here's one... ![]() It's Aled, Chris and Posh Young Farmer Boy!
link | posted by Nic at 11:09 PM |
1 Comments:
Want to Post a Comment? |