Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Sunday, December 18, 2005

    Let's Face the Music and Dance

    Yesterday was the final of BBC's Strictly Come Dancing. It's been a long running thing that on Saturdays, Kirst and I watch that and Gill watches X Factor. So after a text to Gill telling her to enjoy 'her' final and settled down to watching 'my' final with my dad. Now it's pretty much an unwritten rule that whoever I like, my dad will spend the whole time making comments about them but past that, it was a really good final. Colin, Darren and Zoe all danced brilliantly and it was a really close final.
    Somewhere after Fame Academy, I stopped watching reality tv shows. I would watch the odd show and I did watch the final of Celebrity Fame Academy* but I've never really got into any shows again. But I did get into this, obviously not as much, but I really supported Zoe and that hope and belief came back. You know, that tiny bit of hope that says that the person you want to win, will actually win. That hope that tells you that James will win Eurovision, that hope that tells you that...Alex won't win Fame Academy and that hope that tells you Zoe will win. I can understand that everyone says Darren's come a long way and he definitely has improved but Ian has turned Zoe from a tomboy into a dancer. And a bloody good one at that.


    **

    Zoe's last dance was amazing but I must say Darren's disco was fantastic; there were possibly too many lifts but he definitely proved that he deserved to win.


    *Edith was amazing!
    **Stolen from the BBC...


    link | posted by Nic at 3:46 PM |


    2 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 8:42 AM~  

    You could at least have found one where Ian was lfashing his chest;-)

    Blogger Nic commented at 8:11 PM~  

    Oh god, not you too *rolls eyes* Well you might have lucked out had the BBC site put up pics from the final. As Zoe is the "samba queen", I was looking for a samba pic so you would have got the pink open shirt but alas you got this one, from the first time they did the samba. Personally, I love Anton...

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela