Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Tuesday, December 05, 2006

    "Well that's that then..."

    On Sunday night I traipsed off to Coventry, for what is probably the fourth time in my entire life, for the Panthers v Blaze match at the Skydome Arena. Nottingham Panthers are currently third in the league behind Coventry Blaze and they lost the game against them at Nottingham on Saturday. After finding both the Skydome and my seat relatively easily, I settled down to wait. At this point I should probably say that the Skydome was excellent in terms of its build up and atmosphere just before the game. Lights and Pirates of the Caribbean music - seriously, you're not going to go wrong with that, are you?
    So I settled myself in behind the net, with all the other Panthers fans and yelled and cheered my way through three periods. Unfortunately the Panthers only managed to hold the lead for two periods before they began making mistakes that lead Blaze to get two goals in as much as nineteen seconds and go on to win 6-3. That night someone asked me if it mattered that they lost and I told him that it didn't matter too much, it was more the fact that I love watching ice hockey and actually being there to experience the atmosphere. His reply was that I'd love the New York Rangers at Madison Square Gardens. Oh well, until I can save enough for that, guess I'll just have to continue going to see the Panthers...

    Labels: , , ,


    link | posted by Nic at 11:25 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela