
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts |
Saturday, August 19, 2006 How to: Deal with a Powercut
Apparently it wasn't enough to cut through cables to see what would happen once. Oh no, they had to go and somehow cut the power again. For the second night running. At eleven o'clock at night. You could practically hear the whole street groan. You could definitely hear the shouts in our house as, once again, that sickening noise of computers switching off and lights cutting out filled the house. I ran downstairs. "Have they cut the power again?" Part of me was hoping that maybe, just maybe, we'd tripped the circuit. But no, Mike confirmed that they had indeed cut the power. Ten minutes later we were all sat in the lounge, with about ten candles lit on the table and Gilly and Ali discussing the fact that they should buy more candles.
![]() After the usual discussion between Gilly and I about what exactly you do in a powercut, we resorted to taking stupid pictures... ![]() ![]() And then Mike brought his book down and we decided to have a reading. Except The Clockwork Orange is hard to follow when you're actually reading it never mind when you are only hearing it, so after Gilly and I lost interest and took more stupid pictures, we told Mike he should probably stop reading it out loud. ![]() And then we resorted to videoing a dancing Christmas tree... Power finally came back on at twenty to one when we'd all given up and gone to bed.
link | posted by Nic at 1:13 PM |
0 Comments:Want to Post a Comment? |