Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Wednesday, August 02, 2006

    I wonder what they think of drum solos...

    This morning I stood in my room. The clock said it was nearly twenty to eight. I should have been downstairs having breakfast but I'd decided on an extra five minutes in bed and now I was hooked on the Drummers Guess Who that was currently occurring on the Radio 1 Breakfast Show, so much so I refused to walk down the stairs and put the radio on down there like I usually do in case I missed the answers. I stood in the middle of my room racking my brains.
    But I don't really know any drummers.
    Dave's voice eminated from the radio with a load of names that meant absolutely nothing to me and bands who's music I probably couldn't pick out of a line up.
    Hang on, I do know one drummer. Andy, he's the drummer in Razorlight.
    A split second later, Carrie's voice eminated from my stereo; "what about that bloke from Razorlight that we met in Germany, the one who was a really good laugh?"
    There was a moment of silence before Chris said, "Andy" and hit the button to play the 'right answer' noise.
    Ooh, well done me. That's one out of two then.
    Chris continued, "I doubt you'll know the other drummer's name. He used to be in a band and now he's in a different band."
    Dave guessed some other drummers I'd never heard of.
    Chris gave some more clues as the idea of a Drummers Guess Who was starting to sound less and less appealing to all involved. "It's a band we play on Radio 1. You won't know the drummer's name though."
    "We might," Dave pressed. Chris offered the information that his name was Gary, which was of no use to anyone.
    Hmm. Well the drummer from the Libertines is now in Dirty Pretty Things I mused. I have no idea what his name is. But the guitarist bloke, not Carl Barat, who plays the trumpet at the start of Bang Bang You're Dead is quite cute.
    Chris told the whole team that they were never going to get it and even if he said the original band, Carrie wouldn't get it. Carrie protested. "Ok then, he used to be in the Libertines."
    "And now he's in Dirty Pretty Things," I practically yelled at the radio, acutely aware that Gilly's Mike was still asleep.
    Carrie was still struggling. Dave incepted, "well if he used to be in Libertines, that means he's either in Babyshambles or Dirty Pretty Things. I'd hazard a guess at Dirty Pretty Things."
    Well didn't I say that already?! About two minutes ago.
    Carrie decided to agree with Dave whilst Chris accused her of only saying it with any conviction because Dave had said it two seconds before.
    That means I've just got two out of two in Chris's Drummer Guess Who and got the answers before any of the team. I do believe that makes me a certified rock chick. Albeit without a plectrum and with a slightly out of tune guitar.


    link | posted by Nic at 8:30 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela