Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Tuesday, August 01, 2006

    Wellingborough Waltz

    It is now Tuesday and if Gill was on the ball, she would have asked me about ten times a day why I've not blogged the weekend. The answer would be I don't know how to and I'm not entirely sure blogging a lot of pictures would do but I have writer's block and I don't know what to write. For the second weekend running I found myself on a bus replacement service, iPod firmly plugged in to attempt to forget I get travel sick on bus replacement services. Three hours later we arrived in Wellingborough, not before discussing the merits of commandeering various farm animals in fields. We all got ready in the whole 'Tim Burton theme' thing and then got dropped at the hall where we then decided it would be funny to wander down to Morissons in our costumes. We went back to the hall. I took lots of stupid pictures and realised that overall I had eighty two photos.





    What's that coming over the hill? Is it a monster?



    Then we all refused to be separated so the six of us piled into the guestroom comprising of two single beds and limited floor space. Ali's Mike fell out the bed. Gilly's Mike pulled the duvet Gilly was holding so she whacked herself in the lip. Lucy kept grabbing my toe when she was awake and Ali's Mike hit me on the shoulder in his sleep. It was all rather amusing. Of course then I made the mistake of actually getting up and starting the day and then discovered that whilst I may be packed and ready for the train I wasn't going anywhere without my ticket and railpass, which had disappeared. Then everyone went and Kirst drove me to Northampton where bizarrely an hour later in Nuneaton I managed to find myself on the exact same train as everyone else who'd left an hour before me.


    link | posted by Nic at 7:59 PM |


    1 Comments:

    Blogger Culinali commented at 2:22 PM~  

    It just shows Nic that you and I are inseparable (and what happens when I leave you - you inevitably find your way back to me) and that we should never be parted again.

    Amen.

    x

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela