
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts
|
Monday, May 22, 2006 Why does it always rain on me?
I had my last ever exam on Friday. It still seems weird to say that, especially when Kirst still has exams. It's weird that I can read a book because I want to, not because I have to. Having said that, I wanted to read Virginia Woolf. I still do. I want to re-read The Waves and I want to read Hermione Lee's biography. But I also want to read The Forsyte Saga and Wuthering Heights. It's still weird knowing that you don't have any work to do, it's a rather bizarre concept when for most of your life, you have had to study.
In the three days that followed, Gill, Lucy, Rach and I managed to spend most of the time together. Because we could. Because we could randomly go to Gilly's house, eat caramel shortcake and see if Lucy could pick Gilly up. ![]() Lucy and I then returned home and I chased her round the house because she wouldn't let me pick her up. I don't know if it's lack of work or what, but we seem to have gone more mad than we were before. On Sunday we found ourselves in the Selly Sausage, purely because Mud was shut. We went to pay and ended up in hysterics for five minutes over the fact that Gilly was trying to count the money and Rach kept interrupting to put random amounts of money in Gilly's hand. I don't know why it was funny, it just was. So much so the man behind the counter thought we were on something and we had tears in our eyes from laughing so much. Except today I think the madness is catching. Kirst and I were left alone this evening. We had a disco in the kitchen whilst she cooked for Tom and I washed up. We discussed the merits of pushing the embossed wallpaper back in and made a treasure hunt for Ali who returned too ill to play. We also thought up a new experiment and set it in motion and were then in absolute hysterics so that when Kirst's mum rang, she asked if we were drunk.
link | posted by Nic at 9:57 PM |
0 Comments:Want to Post a Comment? |