Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Sunday, November 20, 2005

    Go Gadget Go

    As a student, I am always on the look out for distractions, I mean I can find some myself -like tidying my very messy room- but internet based ones are always more fun. I think there's something inherent in a student to investigate distractions if they are working, even if they are genuinely interested in what they are doing. So with this in mind, whilst I was reading an article on Renaissance comedy, I found myself downloading Google Earth. For those of you who are regular listeners to Chris Moyles's Radio 1 Breakfast Show, you will know the team were messing about with it earlier in the week and looking up their hotel in New York and other "useful" things. They seem to use it as a distraction when they're supposed to be working too...
    The concept is a brilliant one, "Google Earth combines satellite imagery, maps and the power of Google Search to put the world's geographic information at your fingertips"*, which means you can search for your house, see a satellite picture of it and zoom in or you can be more productive and search for restaurants and hotels in a specific area. Pretty snazzy distraction methinks.


    *Sorry, I find myself in essay mode.


    link | posted by Nic at 5:31 PM |


    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 1:02 PM~  

    Yay,

    I'm loving your new blog. Your style's got better too! I loved having the attic window too although I spent surprisingly little time using it...

    Billy

    PS. Still not done research.

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela